In today's world of MP3 players, smart phones, Bluetooth speakers, and streaming services why hire a DJ? It’s a common question that’s being asked more and more. Here are a few reasons why a DJ still has an important place at your event:
- A DJ will interact with you and your guests and adjust the playlist accordingly to get folks dancing.
- A DJ is the master of ceremonies who makes those important announcements and, along with the event planner and venue staff, keeps the reception moving.
- Choosing a DJ is less expensive than renting a professional PA system.
- DJ’s come with backup equipment – does your rental?
- Professional DJ’s carry liability insurance.
- The equipment is managed by a professional so you don’t have to ask a friend to be a part of your reception by manning the music.
Do your research to get an idea of what a DJ costs and then plan it into your budget. Meet with potential DJ’s in person. There are different personalities that do not come out over a phone and you want to make sure that you fit together. Have everything in writing and a contract to protect both parties. And be sure to ask your other vendors for recommendations. They see – and hear – a lot of DJ’s.
Joe Peralis is the owner of Firedog Entertainment, a full service company offering DJ services, custom lighting and photo booths. To learn more visit www.firedogdjs.com.