This gorgeous bridal shoot in Snow Canyon National Park. The bride-to-be wore a beautiful blush colored gown from Elizabeth Cooper Designs. Seeing these images by Candice Bradfield Photography got us thinking about bridal portraits. Some brides forgo the southern tradition and have portraits made before the wedding day. Here are five reasons to consider having bridal portraits made as part of your wedding experience.
1) The comfort of knowing exactly what you will look like in your wedding dress a few days before your wedding. Most of the time brides have their hair and make up trial done on the day that they take their engagement photos. It is still hard to imagine exactly how you will look in your gown and veil if you choose to wear one.
2) You will find areas of your dress that still need altering. When you go in for your dress fittings, you only spend about 20-30 minutes max in you gown, and most of that time is spent standing in front of the mirror while your seamstress pins the tiny details & imperfections that her eye notices. It is a completely different experience being in your dress for about 2-3 hours.
3) You will feel more relaxed and comfortable on the morning of your wedding knowing that the photographer has already captured plenty of beautiful portraits of you. This is also a great way to help you feel more comfortable in front of the camera, since that will happen a lot on your big day!
4) Different Backgrounds/Change of scenery. Most of the time brides are getting dressed and ready in the room of their venue which may not always be the the most glamorous background for photos. The pre-bridal shoot will give your photographer the opportunity to take your photos in either a studio, or a private outdoor setting that allows the photographer to control both the lighting and background.
5) Get creative & use the images. It’s a great way to decorate and personalize your reception venue. Since you won’t be able to show off your bridal portraits until wedding day (at least if you follow tradition) this is a good way to show them to everybody all at once.
Photographer: Candice Bradfield Photography //Beauty: Airbrush Tanning by Natalie//Dress Designer: Elizabeth Cooper Design//Model:Jessica Jensen & Orvin//Hair Stylist:julie thomas style//Ring Designer: Seven Oaks Jewelers//Floral Designer: Southern blossoms floral //Event Designer: Swoon Vintage Rental Co.//Cake Designer: Vanilla Laced Cake