By Lisa Beth Miller
Here are some important tasks that you should take care of two months before your big day!
- Mail wedding invitations. Check your guest list twice to be sure you have not forgotten anyone! And of course, be sure to purchase pretty stamps!
- Schedule a tasting with your caterer and finalize menu plans. Be sure you LOVE everything that is being served. If not, ask about alternatives!
- Arrange any wedding weekend activities you are planning for your guests. Don’t overdo it! Everyone needs some downtime as well.
- Select ceremony music with musicians. Don’t be afraid to be a little bit creative; your ceremony should reflect your tastes and preferences. If there is a song that is part of your “love story”, request to have it included in the ceremony music!
- Select reception music with your band or DJ. Be sure to specify any “must play” songs and “don’t play” songs.
- Create a shot list of people and events for your photographer and videographer.
- Have programs and menus printed.
- Buy your guest book.
- Confirm that your bridesmaids have their dresses, shoes, accessories, and have had any necessary alterations made.
- Arrange for a pre-ceremony changing area for the wedding party.
- Send wedding announcement to local papers. Some publications request more information than others, so be sure to investigate what is needed!
- Update your registry to add items if desired.
- Pay deposits to confirm honeymoon plans.