By Lisa Beth Miller
We have finally made it to the final days before your wedding! Are there really still things left for you to do? Yes, there are! Here are some small but important details to pay attention to ensure that the big day goes off without a hitch.
- If you plan to send out official marriage announcements, recruit a friend or family member to mail them for you.
- Ask someone you really trust to bring your marriage license to the ceremony.
- Deliver welcome baskets to out of town guests if you have them.
- Get your nails done. Remember that your hands will be photographed a lot; choose your color wisely!
- Deliver gifts to your attendants. You could do this at a special luncheon or tea, or at a fun cocktail hour (or half-hour) before the rehearsal dinner!
- Give rings to the best man.
- Get a good night’s sleep!
On the day of the wedding, you are still not finished! You will need to…
- Eat breakfast. If you are not a huge breakfast fan, at least have some fruit and tea so you are not lightheaded later.
- Have luggage delivered to your hotel (if needed).
- Get hair and makeup done. Be sure to allow plenty of time for this.
- Dress. Be sure that your chosen attendant understands how to fasten your bustle!
- Switch engagement ring to your right hand.
- Relax and enjoy your day!
What about after the wedding? Are there still more tasks? Of course there are! Your final items to take care of are:
- Send thank-you notes. Emails are not acceptable here; the thank-you notes should be hand-written and personal.
- Return gifts if necessary.
- Change your name on all legal documents, if desired.
- Select and order wedding photographs. Remember to order some copies for your attendants and family members!
- Have your gown dry-cleaned and preserved.