Competitors (defined as a cake bakery owners, operators, manager, or licensed cottage maker. ) must meet the following requirements:
Be a baker, dessert creator, pastry chef or caterer that makes desserts for weddings.
Be in business for more than one year.
Be located in Washington DC Metro Area (VA, MD, DC)
Be Over 18 years of age at the time of entry
Be licensed and insured
- Brides & Weddings and Women’s Wedding Network staff and their family members, as well as judges at the Cake-Off, are not eligible.
- Registration for the competition is available online at https://bridesandweddings.com/womens-wedding-network/cake-off and will remain open until all available places are taken. A valid registration will constitute acceptance by the competitor of all contest rules and regulations. Each competitor will be required to provide a descriptive narrative to the judges.
- Best Flavor
- Most Creative
- Best Presentation
- Attendees Choice
- Bring completed cakes to be set up before 10:30 am.
- Cakes are judged by appearance; points will be given for neatness, originality, creativity, colors, and degree of difficulty.
- The decisions of the judges are final in all aspects of this contest.
- Refunds: No refunds will be processed after September 7th
- NOTE: CAKES MUST REMAIN ON DISPLAY UNTIL THE END OF THE EVENT